Traditional Thai Yoga Therapy is an interactive form of massage in which the practitioner works with the recipient –blending compassionate, therapeutic acupressure and deep yoga stretches in a meditative flow– to create a state of true yogic bliss. As a recipient, you will enjoy all the healing benefits of yoga without the effort of doing it.
The healing art of Thai Yoga Therapy is an ancient and sacred system of healing. It has roots in yoga, Ayurvedic medicine and Buddhist spiritual practice. It is a unique and powerful system of yoga therapy, which combines rhythmic massage, acupressure, palming and thumbing along energy lines, and gentle stretching. Like yoga postures, it works deeply on the skeletal, muscular, lymphatic, endocrine and nervous systems. Thai yoga stimulates and balances the flow of healing energy within the body, opens the areas which are blocked, and increases balance and harmony for health, happiness and overall wellbeing.
Benefits of Thai session:
- Increased flexibility
- Release of stored tension and emotions in the body
- Pain relief
- Increased energy and concentration
- Improved blood and lymph circulation
- Boost the immune system
- Opening or loosening of the joints
- Lengthening and stretching of tight or sore muscles
- Deep relaxation and improved mental state
- Improve resistance to injury
- Improve range of motion
- Help to release lactic acid and other toxins
- Provide relief from stress and anxiety-related conditions such as fatigue, headaches, and insomnia
Preparation for a Thai session:
- Wear comfortable clothes! Thai bodywork is done FULLY clothed in order to fully access critical acupressure points and facilitate deeper stretching. Yoga clothes or an oversized tee and pajama pants do just nicely.
- As you would for a yoga class, avoid eating at least two hours before a session if possible.
- Avoid using heavy moisturizers and oils before your session.
- Prepare to let go. Often the hardest part in receiving bodywork is relaxing into someone else’s energy. Try to relax and focus on slowing down your breath.
Offered by Nancy Talley, 500 E-RYT who completed her basic Thai Yoga Therapy Certification under Phoebe Diftler at the White Lotus Foundation in Santa Barbara, CA. Please inquire for rates and available booking times.